News in Brief
House Page Program Ending
The U.S. House of Representatives page program, which has given high school students a behind-the-scenes look at Congress since the 1820s, has become a victim of budget cuts. House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, and Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., wrote that email had left the pages with little to do and that the House could no longer justify the $5 million annual expense. While the House page program ends this month, the Senate page program will continue.
Vol. 31, Issue 01, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Masconomet RSD Superintendent of Schools
- New England School Development Council, Topsfield, MA
- Superintendent, Clarke County Public Schools
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Berryville, VA
- Upper School (6th-12th grade) General Studies Principal
- Robert M. Beren Academy, Houston, TX
- TEACHER RECRUITMENT
- Mott Haven Academy Charter School, Bronx, NY
- SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS - CANTON, MS
- Canton Public School District, Canton, MS