House Page Program Ending
The U.S. House of Representatives page program, which has given high school students a behind-the-scenes look at Congress since the 1820s, has become a victim of budget cuts. House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, and Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., wrote that email had left the pages with little to do and that the House could no longer justify the $5 million annual expense. While the House page program ends this month, the Senate page program will continue.
Vol. 31, Issue 01, Page 5
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations
- K-12 Teachers
- The International Educator, Multiple Locations
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR
- Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction
- Lake Forest School District 67 & 115, Lake Forest, IL