News in Brief
House Page Program Ending
The U.S. House of Representatives page program, which has given high school students a behind-the-scenes look at Congress since the 1820s, has become a victim of budget cuts. House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, and Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., wrote that email had left the pages with little to do and that the House could no longer justify the $5 million annual expense. While the House page program ends this month, the Senate page program will continue.
Vol. 31, Issue 01, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR
- Principal - Secondary (Pool)
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Golden, CO
- School Based Therapist
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, WA