News in Brief
House Page Program Ending
The U.S. House of Representatives page program, which has given high school students a behind-the-scenes look at Congress since the 1820s, has become a victim of budget cuts. House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, and Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., wrote that email had left the pages with little to do and that the House could no longer justify the $5 million annual expense. While the House page program ends this month, the Senate page program will continue.
Vol. 31, Issue 01, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, MA
- Executive Director for Student Services
- Glenview School District 34, Glenview, IL
- Assistant Professor of Education: Educational Leadership/Teacher Leadership
- Maryville University, MO
- Principal Highland Park High School
- Township High School District #113, IL