News in Brief
House Page Program Ending
The U.S. House of Representatives page program, which has given high school students a behind-the-scenes look at Congress since the 1820s, has become a victim of budget cuts. House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, and Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., wrote that email had left the pages with little to do and that the House could no longer justify the $5 million annual expense. While the House page program ends this month, the Senate page program will continue.
Vol. 31, Issue 01, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- Head of School/President
- Saint Gertrude High School, Richmond, VA
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY