News in Brief
House Page Program Ending
The U.S. House of Representatives page program, which has given high school students a behind-the-scenes look at Congress since the 1820s, has become a victim of budget cuts. House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, and Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., wrote that email had left the pages with little to do and that the House could no longer justify the $5 million annual expense. While the House page program ends this month, the Senate page program will continue.
Vol. 31, Issue 01, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of Professional Services
- Engaging Schools, Inc., Cambridge, MA
- Deputy Superintendent of Education Support
- West Virginia Department of Education, Charleston, WV
- Supervisor of Mathematics
- Quakertown Community School District, PA
- Superintendent, City Schools of Decatur
- City Schools of Decatur, Decatur, GA
- Superintendent, Rockridge Community Unit School District #300
- Rockridge Community Unit School District #300, Taylor Ridge, IL