U.S. Pupils Lost in Geography, NAEP Shows
Gaps narrow, but proficiency still elusive
About one in three American 4th graders can read a compass rose well enough to identify basic map regions, and more than half know that the Great Plains have more farming than fishing or mining, according to the latest...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Director of Product Marketing, Assessment
- Scholastic Inc., Manhattan, NY
- Flagler County Public Schools, Bunnell, FL
- Lawrence Family Development Charter School, Lawrence, MA
- 3rd Grade Teacher
- New Hope Academy Charter School, Brooklyn, NY
- Notre Dame Cristo Rey High School, Lawrence, MA