News in Brief
Turnaround Schools to Get New Federal Focus
The U.S. Department of Education is creating a new office to focus on school turnaround efforts, to be housed within the office of elementary and secondary education. It also announced that it was eliminating the office of safe and drug-free schools shortly after the offices former director, Kevin Jennings, resigned to join the Boston nonprofit Be the Change. Safe and drug-free schools programs will be moved to the elementary and secondary education office, the department reports.
Vol. 30, Issue 36, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations