News in Brief
Turnaround Schools to Get New Federal Focus
The U.S. Department of Education is creating a new office to focus on school turnaround efforts, to be housed within the office of elementary and secondary education. It also announced that it was eliminating the office of safe and drug-free schools shortly after the offices former director, Kevin Jennings, resigned to join the Boston nonprofit Be the Change. Safe and drug-free schools programs will be moved to the elementary and secondary education office, the department reports.
Vol. 30, Issue 36, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Vice President -Curriculum & Instruction
- Discovery Communications, Silver Spring, MD
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Assistant Professor of Special Education, Visual Impairments
- University of Pittsburgh, School of Education, PA
- Executive Director
- Sturgis Charter Public School, Multiple Locations
- SAU #88 Lebanon School District, West Lebanon, NH