News in Brief
Turnaround Schools to Get New Federal Focus
The U.S. Department of Education is creating a new office to focus on school turnaround efforts, to be housed within the office of elementary and secondary education. It also announced that it was eliminating the office of safe and drug-free schools shortly after the offices former director, Kevin Jennings, resigned to join the Boston nonprofit Be the Change. Safe and drug-free schools programs will be moved to the elementary and secondary education office, the department reports.
Vol. 30, Issue 36, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Deputy Superintendent
- Blue Valley Schools, Overland Park, KS
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- Secondary Teachers
- Roaring Fork School District, Glenwood Spgs, CO
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY