News in Brief
Turnaround Schools to Get New Federal Focus
The U.S. Department of Education is creating a new office to focus on school turnaround efforts, to be housed within the office of elementary and secondary education. It also announced that it was eliminating the office of safe and drug-free schools shortly after the offices former director, Kevin Jennings, resigned to join the Boston nonprofit Be the Change. Safe and drug-free schools programs will be moved to the elementary and secondary education office, the department reports.
Vol. 30, Issue 36, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- High School Director at KIPP Delta Public Schools
- On-Ramps, Blytheville, AR
- Senior Associate
- Great Schools Partnership, Portland, ME
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Claypit Hill Elementary School, Wayland, MA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Easton, Redding & Region 9 School Districts, Easton, CT