"Forging a New Partnership: The Story of Teacher Union and School District Collaboration in Pittsburgh"
A report offers a detailed narrative of the negotiations between the teachers' union and district administrators in the Pittsburgh public schools that resulted in an agreement on a new teacher contract last year.
It was published by the Aspen Institute, an organization with headquarters in Washington that seeks to promote leadership and the national discourse on critical issues.
Pittsburgh has won praise for the contract, which sets tougher bars for granting tenure and establishes new performance-pay and teacher-development policies. The report describes how administrators in the 26,000-student district, and leaders of the Pittsburgh Federation of Teachers, as well as school board members and others, attempted to forge a new contract and implement new policies in teacher evaluation and other areas.
Vol. 30, Issue 35, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Katonah-Lewisboro School District, Katonah, NY
- Head of School
- Triangle Associates, Pottersville, NJ
- Township High School District 113, Highland Park, IL
- Superintendent of Schools
- Winchester School Committee, Winchester, MA
- Current Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations