News in Brief
Cleveland District Names CEO
The Cleveland school board has promoted the districts chief academic officer, Eric Gordon, to chief executive officer of the 45,000-student district. Mr. Gordon, who previously held teaching or school leadership jobs in Ohio and New Orleans, replaces Eugene Sanders, who retired in February amid a major school system overhaul. The board bypassed three outside finalists for the position.
Vol. 30, Issue 35, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Senior Associate
- Great Schools Partnership, Portland, ME
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Dean Reich College of Education
- Appalachian State University, Boone, NC
- Dunlap Community Unit School Dist. No. 323, Peoria, IL
- Executive Director
- Charter School NYC, New York, NY