News in Brief
Cleveland District Names CEO
The Cleveland school board has promoted the districts chief academic officer, Eric Gordon, to chief executive officer of the 45,000-student district. Mr. Gordon, who previously held teaching or school leadership jobs in Ohio and New Orleans, replaces Eugene Sanders, who retired in February amid a major school system overhaul. The board bypassed three outside finalists for the position.
Vol. 30, Issue 35, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- K-12 NEA Science Teachers Wanted for NGSS Curriculum Project. Earn $15k!
- BetterLesson, US
- Durham Public Schools, Durham, NC
- Assistant Professor of Education: Educational Leadership/Teacher Leadership
- Maryville University, MO
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, MA
- Principal Highland Park High School
- Township High School District #113, IL