News in Brief
Cleveland District Names CEO
The Cleveland school board has promoted the districts chief academic officer, Eric Gordon, to chief executive officer of the 45,000-student district. Mr. Gordon, who previously held teaching or school leadership jobs in Ohio and New Orleans, replaces Eugene Sanders, who retired in February amid a major school system overhaul. The board bypassed three outside finalists for the position.
Vol. 30, Issue 35, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY