News in Brief
Idaho School Law Foes Leap Referendum Hurdle
Organizers of a campaign to repeal three education bills that passed the Idaho legislature this year say they have gathered more than 48,000 signatures, which, if verified, would be enough to put their three repeal measures on the November 2012 ballot. Under the new laws, backed by schools chief Tom Luna and Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter, Idaho will restrict education union bargaining rights, introduce teacher-merit pay, and shift money from salaries to technology.
Vol. 30, Issue 33, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX