News in Brief
NYC Budget Cuts 6,000
Mayor Michael Bloomberg unveiled what he called a "budget full of difficult decisions" that includes cutting more than 6,000 teachers. United Federation of Teachers President Michael Mulgrew criticized the move, noting that the layoffs come "despite increased state aid, hundreds of millions in new revenues and a surplus that has grown to more than $3.2 billion."
Vol. 30, Issue 31, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Aspen High School Principal
- Aspen School District, Aspen, CO
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent, City Schools of Decatur
- City Schools of Decatur, Decatur, GA
- Superintendent, South San Francisco Unified School District
- South San Francisco Unified School District, South San Francisco, CA
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN