News in Brief
NYC Budget Cuts 6,000
Mayor Michael Bloomberg unveiled what he called a "budget full of difficult decisions" that includes cutting more than 6,000 teachers. United Federation of Teachers President Michael Mulgrew criticized the move, noting that the layoffs come "despite increased state aid, hundreds of millions in new revenues and a surplus that has grown to more than $3.2 billion."
Vol. 30, Issue 31, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Darien, CT Superintendent of Schools
- NESDEC, Darien, CT
- Head of School
- Brownell-Talbot School, Omaha, NE
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Executive Director
- Charter School NYC, New York, NY
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN