News in Brief
NYC Budget Cuts 6,000
Mayor Michael Bloomberg unveiled what he called a "budget full of difficult decisions" that includes cutting more than 6,000 teachers. United Federation of Teachers President Michael Mulgrew criticized the move, noting that the layoffs come "despite increased state aid, hundreds of millions in new revenues and a surplus that has grown to more than $3.2 billion."
Vol. 30, Issue 31, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA