News in Brief
NYC Budget Cuts 6,000
Mayor Michael Bloomberg unveiled what he called a "budget full of difficult decisions" that includes cutting more than 6,000 teachers. United Federation of Teachers President Michael Mulgrew criticized the move, noting that the layoffs come "despite increased state aid, hundreds of millions in new revenues and a surplus that has grown to more than $3.2 billion."
Vol. 30, Issue 31, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Senior Associate
- Great Schools Partnership, Portland, ME
- High School Director at KIPP Delta Public Schools
- On-Ramps, Blytheville, AR
- Claypit Hill Elementary School, Wayland, MA
- Executive Director, Human Resource Services (Data Analysis and Strategic Alignment)
- Duval County Public Schools, Multiple Locations