News in Brief
NYC Budget Cuts 6,000
Mayor Michael Bloomberg unveiled what he called a "budget full of difficult decisions" that includes cutting more than 6,000 teachers. United Federation of Teachers President Michael Mulgrew criticized the move, noting that the layoffs come "despite increased state aid, hundreds of millions in new revenues and a surplus that has grown to more than $3.2 billion."
Vol. 30, Issue 31, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School
- Aurora University, Aurora, IL
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Director of Professional Services
- Engaging Schools, Inc., Cambridge, MA
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Park City School District, Park City, UT