"State Learning Standards to Advance Social and Emotional Learning: The CASEL State Scan of Social and Emotional Learning Standards, Preschool Through High School"
States vary widely in how they address students’ social and emotional learning, which includes teaching about problem-solving, self-control, communication, and teamwork, according to a new report from the Chicago-based Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning, or CASEL.
In the first year of a two-year study, CASEL analyzed social-learning standards from preschool through 12th grade in 50 states, the District of Columbia, and six U.S. territories. It found 48 states require social education in preschool, but Illinois is the only state with comprehensive social-and-emotional learning standards for the entire K-12 spectrum.
Vol. 30, Issue 29, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC
- Executive Director
- Charter School NYC, New York, NY
- Chief Compliance Officer
- Sonoran Schools, AZ
- Consultant - Los Angeles, CA
- Insight Education Group, Multiple Locations
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN