News in Brief
New Superintendent Sets High Goals for Los Angeles
In his first week in office, new Los Angeles Unified Schools Superintendent John Deasy set some lofty goals for the nation’s second-largest district, including a proposed management system for the 678,000-student district that would measure schools, teachers, and administrators on 15 performance indicators.
Mr. Deasy, a former education official with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, had been a deputy superintendent since last summer. He replaced Ramon Cortines, who retired after three years as superintendent and six decades in education.
Vol. 30, Issue 29, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Neuhaus Education Center, Bellaire, TX
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA