Selection for N.Y.C. Schools Chief Knows City Government, District
Chancellor Black ousted after three months on the job
Late last year, Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg said that what the sprawling New York City school system needed was a hard-nosed business leader.
This month, three months after the mayor got a chance to try one out, he shifted gears, naming a political executive known for his diplomatic skills as the chancellor of the 1.1 million-student district.
Former publishing executive Cathleen P. Black’s removal from the top district post was almost as sudden as her ascension to it. ( "Media Leader Tapped to Head N.Y.C. Schools," ...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Principal - Secondary (Pool)
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Golden, CO
- Chief Schools Officer - International Baccalaureate (IB)
- International Baccalaureate, Bethesda, MD
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA