News in Brief
Md. Approves In-State Immigrant Tuition
Maryland lawmakers sent the governor a bill last week to grant in-state college tuition rates to undocumented immigrants who meet certain requirements. The measure, which Democratic Gov. Martin O'Malley was expected to sign, would allow such immigrants to pay in-state tuition rates at Maryland's public universities if they complete two years at a community college and prove that their parents paid state taxes for at least three years before they graduated from high school.
Vol. 30, Issue 28, Page 5
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Elementary Principal Madarin Dual Language Program
- Bellevue School District, Bellevue, WA
- Amargosa Valley Elementary School, Amargosa Valley, NV
- The Berkeley Institute, HAMILTON, Bermuda
- Christ the King Preparatory School, NJ
- Round Rock ISD, Round Rock, TX