News in Brief
Md. Approves In-State Immigrant Tuition
Maryland lawmakers sent the governor a bill last week to grant in-state college tuition rates to undocumented immigrants who meet certain requirements. The measure, which Democratic Gov. Martin O'Malley was expected to sign, would allow such immigrants to pay in-state tuition rates at Maryland's public universities if they complete two years at a community college and prove that their parents paid state taxes for at least three years before they graduated from high school.
Vol. 30, Issue 28, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Commissioner of Education
- CT State Department of Education, Hartford, CT
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO