News in Brief
Md. Approves In-State Immigrant Tuition
Maryland lawmakers sent the governor a bill last week to grant in-state college tuition rates to undocumented immigrants who meet certain requirements. The measure, which Democratic Gov. Martin O'Malley was expected to sign, would allow such immigrants to pay in-state tuition rates at Maryland's public universities if they complete two years at a community college and prove that their parents paid state taxes for at least three years before they graduated from high school.
Vol. 30, Issue 28, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director, Adult and Career Education
- The School District of Lee County, Fort Myers, FL
- High School Principal
- Unionvile-Chadds Ford School District, Kennett Square, PA
- World History Teacher
- The Bolles School, Jacksonville, FL
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- Jefferson County Public Schools WV, Charles Town, WV