News in Brief
Md. Approves In-State Immigrant Tuition
Maryland lawmakers sent the governor a bill last week to grant in-state college tuition rates to undocumented immigrants who meet certain requirements. The measure, which Democratic Gov. Martin O'Malley was expected to sign, would allow such immigrants to pay in-state tuition rates at Maryland's public universities if they complete two years at a community college and prove that their parents paid state taxes for at least three years before they graduated from high school.
Vol. 30, Issue 28, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Maryhaven Center of Hope, Port Jefferson Station, NY
- Director, Post-Secondary Workforce Readiness Program
- Aurora Public Schools, Aurora, CO
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA