News in Brief
Md. Approves In-State Immigrant Tuition
Maryland lawmakers sent the governor a bill last week to grant in-state college tuition rates to undocumented immigrants who meet certain requirements. The measure, which Democratic Gov. Martin O'Malley was expected to sign, would allow such immigrants to pay in-state tuition rates at Maryland's public universities if they complete two years at a community college and prove that their parents paid state taxes for at least three years before they graduated from high school.
Vol. 30, Issue 28, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Assistant Professor of Education: Educational Leadership/Teacher Leadership
- Maryville University, MO
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Baldwin Union Free School District, Baldwin, NY
- Durham Public Schools, Durham, NC
- Principal Highland Park High School
- Township High School District #113, IL