News in Brief
Md. Approves In-State Immigrant Tuition
Maryland lawmakers sent the governor a bill last week to grant in-state college tuition rates to undocumented immigrants who meet certain requirements. The measure, which Democratic Gov. Martin O'Malley was expected to sign, would allow such immigrants to pay in-state tuition rates at Maryland's public universities if they complete two years at a community college and prove that their parents paid state taxes for at least three years before they graduated from high school.
Vol. 30, Issue 28, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Wissahickon School District, PA
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- Chief Financial Officer
- Idaho Charter School Network, Boise, ID
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Permanent Head of School
- The Greta Berman Arbetter Kazoo School, Kalamazoo, MI