News in Brief
Md. Approves In-State Immigrant Tuition
Maryland lawmakers sent the governor a bill last week to grant in-state college tuition rates to undocumented immigrants who meet certain requirements. The measure, which Democratic Gov. Martin O'Malley was expected to sign, would allow such immigrants to pay in-state tuition rates at Maryland's public universities if they complete two years at a community college and prove that their parents paid state taxes for at least three years before they graduated from high school.
Vol. 30, Issue 28, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Principal-Multiple Vacancies
- Polk County Schools, Bartow, FL
- Associate Superintendent of School Performance
- Anne Arundel County Public Schools, Annapolis, MD
- Charter School Operator
- Options PCS, Multiple Locations
- Director of Secondary Education
- Minneapolis Public Schools, MN
- Senior Director, Business Development and Education Services
- Foundations, Inc., Mount Laurel, NJ