News in Brief
Power Stripped From Okla. Board
Gov. Mary Fallin, a Republican, has signed a bill stripping most power from the seven-member, appointed Oklahoma board of education, including its authority to develop the budget for public schools. The new law shifts that power to the state superintendent, who is elected every four years. Democrats argued that the move puts too much power in the hands of one person.
Vol. 30, Issue 28, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Park City School District, Park City, UT
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Secondary Teachers
- Roaring Fork School District, Glenwood Spgs, CO