News in Brief
Power Stripped From Okla. Board
Gov. Mary Fallin, a Republican, has signed a bill stripping most power from the seven-member, appointed Oklahoma board of education, including its authority to develop the budget for public schools. The new law shifts that power to the state superintendent, who is elected every four years. Democrats argued that the move puts too much power in the hands of one person.
Vol. 30, Issue 28, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- City of Cape Coral Charter Schools, Cape Coral, FL
- Wissahickon School District, PA
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Director, Psychometrics & Statistics
- COLLIER COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS, Naples, FL