"Characteristics of the 100 Largest Public Elementary and Secondary School Districts in the United States: 2008-09"
A new report from researchers on the demographics of the nation’s 100 largest school districts shows that well over half of students—about 63 percent—are black or Hispanic.
The percentage of black students in the largest districts was 26 percent, compared to 17 percent in school districts of all sizes. Hispanic students made up 37 percent of the population of the largest school districts, compared to 22 percent of students in districts of all sizes.
The report, from the National Center for Education Statistics, is based on data collected during the 2007-08 school year.
Vol. 30, Issue 26, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- School Principal
- BLSYW, Baltimore, MD
- Secondary Teachers
- Roaring Fork School District, Glenwood Spgs, CO
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV