News in Brief
Detroit Emergency Manager Gets Full Control of Schools
Emergency manager Robert Bobb gained total control of the Detroit school system after a judge lifted an injunction that had limited his authority to financial matters. The injunction was lifted after a new state law gave emergency managers of a school district control over academics. Mr. Bobb is expected to step down at the end of the school year, but new Republican Gov. Rick Snyder can appoint another emergency manager for the district.
Vol. 30, Issue 26, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Cristo Rey Jesuit College Preparatory School of Houston, Houston, TX
- Deputy Director for Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment
- Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA), Wiesbaden, Germany
- PRINCIPAL - POWELL MIDDLE SCHOOL
- Hernando County School District, Brooksville, FL
- Senior Education Policy Analyst, North Carolina
- The Hunt Institute, Durham, NC
- Engineering & Robotics Teacher
- String Theory Schools, Philadelphia, PA