News in Brief
Detroit Emergency Manager Gets Full Control of Schools
Emergency manager Robert Bobb gained total control of the Detroit school system after a judge lifted an injunction that had limited his authority to financial matters. The injunction was lifted after a new state law gave emergency managers of a school district control over academics. Mr. Bobb is expected to step down at the end of the school year, but new Republican Gov. Rick Snyder can appoint another emergency manager for the district.
Vol. 30, Issue 26, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Charter School Operator
- Options PCS, Multiple Locations
- Principal-Multiple Vacancies
- Polk County Schools, Bartow, FL
- Director of Secondary Education
- Minneapolis Public Schools, MN
- Mathematics Instructional Support Coach
- Weymouth Public Schools, Weymouth, MA
- Senior Director, Business Development and Education Services
- Foundations, Inc., Mount Laurel, NJ