News in Brief
Detroit Emergency Manager Gets Full Control of Schools
Emergency manager Robert Bobb gained total control of the Detroit school system after a judge lifted an injunction that had limited his authority to financial matters. The injunction was lifted after a new state law gave emergency managers of a school district control over academics. Mr. Bobb is expected to step down at the end of the school year, but new Republican Gov. Rick Snyder can appoint another emergency manager for the district.
Vol. 30, Issue 26, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Director II-Sudent Support Services
- Deer Valley Unified School District, Phoenix, AZ
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ