News in Brief
NSF Hires Ed. Research Leader
Joan Ferrini-Mundy has been appointed the assistant director for the National Science Foundation's directorate for education and human resources, the section responsible for a majority of the agency's research into learning. Ms. Ferrini-Mundy has been serving as interim assistant director. She previously helped lead the national Promoting Rigorous Outcomes in Mathematics and Science Education project, which provides professional development for STEM teachers and directed the Mathematical Sciences Education Board.
Vol. 30, Issue 23, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA