News in Brief
NAEP Governing Board Gets Five New Members
U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan named five new members to the National Assessment Governing Board last month, just before the board released the latest results of the test for which it sets policy, the National Assessment of Educational Progress. ("Seniors Increase Scores on NAEP," December 1, 2010.)
Joining the 26-member board are Shannon Garrison, a 4th grade teacher at Solano Avenue Elementary School in Los Angeles; Richard Brent Houston, the principal of Shawnee Middle School in Shawnee, Okla.; Hector Ibarra, an 8th grade teacher at West Branch Middle School in West Branch, Iowa; Delaware Gov. Jack Markell; and Blair Taylor, the president and chief executive officer of the Los Angeles Urban League.
Mr. Duncan also reappointed former Massachusetts Commissioner of Education David P. Driscoll as chairman.
Vol. 30, Issue 13, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR
- Southeast Polk Community School District, Pleasant Hill, IA
- Principal - Secondary (Pool)
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Golden, CO