News in Brief
Foundation Head Named Chicago's Interim Chief
Terry Mazany, the president and chief executive officer of the Chicago Community Trust, has been chosen as the interim head of the 409,000-student Chicago school system.
Ron Huberman resigned as the district’s chief executive officer, effective Nov. 29, after less than two years in the job. He cited Mayor Richard M. Daley’s decision to retire next spring.
Mr. Mazany, 54, whom Mayor Daley appointed as interim CEO, has said he has no interest in taking the job permanently. He will be paid $1 a year by the city and will continue receiving his salary from the community foundation.
At the foundation, Mr. Mazany led a $50 million initiative to improve the quality of teaching and principal leadership in Chicago schools. Before joining the foundation in 2001, he served as associate superintendent for curriculum and instruction for the Oakland, Calif., school district. He also worked for three years in the California School Leadership Academy, a state agency that trains state administrators and school personnel.
Vol. 30, Issue 13, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Director of College Counseling
- Augusta Preparatory Day School, Martinez, GA
- Director of Technology
- St. Paul's School for Girls, Brooklandville, MD
- Director of Information Technology
- Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School, Rockville, MD
- Project Manager, First the Seed Foundation Educational Programs
- First the Seed Foundation, VA
- Qualified KG or Elementary Classroom Teacher
- The International School Of Choueifat Manama, Bahrain, Manama, Bahrain