News in Brief
Sixth State Seeks IDEA Waiver
Oregon plans to join at least five other states in seeking federal permission to cut its special education spending for one year. The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act allows states to request waivers if they are facing unexpected financial hardship. Alabama, Iowa, Kansas, South Carolina, and West Virginia have already requested such waivers.
Vol. 30, Issue 13, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Director of Operations (Spanish Fluency Required)
- Ascend Learning, Brooklyn, NY
- Office Assistant
- Bell Shore Florist, CA
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ