News in Brief
Sixth State Seeks IDEA Waiver
Oregon plans to join at least five other states in seeking federal permission to cut its special education spending for one year. The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act allows states to request waivers if they are facing unexpected financial hardship. Alabama, Iowa, Kansas, South Carolina, and West Virginia have already requested such waivers.
Vol. 30, Issue 13, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Executive Director
- Charter School NYC, New York, NY
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC
- Darien, CT Superintendent of Schools
- NESDEC, Darien, CT