News in Brief
Sixth State Seeks IDEA Waiver
Oregon plans to join at least five other states in seeking federal permission to cut its special education spending for one year. The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act allows states to request waivers if they are facing unexpected financial hardship. Alabama, Iowa, Kansas, South Carolina, and West Virginia have already requested such waivers.
Vol. 30, Issue 13, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- Director II-Sudent Support Services
- Deer Valley Unified School District, Phoenix, AZ