News in Brief
Sixth State Seeks IDEA Waiver
Oregon plans to join at least five other states in seeking federal permission to cut its special education spending for one year. The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act allows states to request waivers if they are facing unexpected financial hardship. Alabama, Iowa, Kansas, South Carolina, and West Virginia have already requested such waivers.
Vol. 30, Issue 13, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Chief Program Officer
- Washington STEM, Seattle, WA
- Executive Director of Business Services
- Hacienda La Puente Unified School District, CA
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent of Schools
- Greenburgh Central School District, Hartsdale, NY
- Director of Leadership Development
- NCEA, Arlington, VA