News in Brief
Sixth State Seeks IDEA Waiver
Oregon plans to join at least five other states in seeking federal permission to cut its special education spending for one year. The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act allows states to request waivers if they are facing unexpected financial hardship. Alabama, Iowa, Kansas, South Carolina, and West Virginia have already requested such waivers.
Vol. 30, Issue 13, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Chief Academic Officer
- Cristo Rey Network, Chicago, IL
- Director of Information Technology
- Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School, Rockville, MD
- Director of Technology
- St. Paul's School for Girls, Brooklandville, MD
- Director of Auxiliary Programming
- Lovett School, Atlanta, GA
- Director of College Counseling
- Augusta Preparatory Day School, Martinez, GA