Utah District Pays Big Bonuses
Despite hard times, officials at the 64,000-student Alpine school district in American Fork, Utah, found an extra $2 million to give 6,300 employees a bonus worth 1 percent of salary this month. Financial reports from fiscal 2010 spotlighted "one time" revenue that couldn't be used for classroom expenses because the funding source isn't recurring, district...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction
- Lake Forest School District 67 & 115, Lake Forest, IL
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ
- K-12 Teachers
- The International Educator, Multiple Locations
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL