News in Brief
Utah District Pays Big Bonuses
Despite hard times, officials at the 64,000-student Alpine school district in American Fork, Utah, found an extra $2 million to give 6,300 employees a bonus worth 1 percent of salary this month. Financial reports from fiscal 2010 spotlighted "one time" revenue that couldn't be used for classroom expenses because the funding source isn't recurring, district spokeswoman Rhonda Bromley said.
Vol. 30, Issue 12, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Neuhaus Education Center, Bellaire, TX
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO