News in Brief
Utah District Pays Big Bonuses
Despite hard times, officials at the 64,000-student Alpine school district in American Fork, Utah, found an extra $2 million to give 6,300 employees a bonus worth 1 percent of salary this month. Financial reports from fiscal 2010 spotlighted "one time" revenue that couldn't be used for classroom expenses because the funding source isn't recurring, district spokeswoman Rhonda Bromley said.
Vol. 30, Issue 12, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Math Team Lead
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Program Manager
- Institute for Educational Advancement, Pasadena, CA
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- City of Cape Coral Charter Schools, Cape Coral, FL