News in Brief
Southern Education Foundation Hires New Chief
C. Kent McGuire, the dean of Temple University’s education college and a former assistant U.S. education secretary for the office of educational research and improvement, has been named the president of the Southern Education Foundation, in Atlanta.
Mr. McGuire is considered an expert on school finance and teacher recruitment. During his tenure at the OERI, the predecessor of the Institute of Education Sciences, in the Clinton administration, he pushed researchers to connect their findings to classrooms. He will succeed foundation President Lynn Huntley.
Vol. 30, Issue 08, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Director of Special Projects
- National Alliance for Partnerships in Equity Education Foundation, Gap, PA
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- K12 Teacher
- Cuixmala School, Mexico
- Superintendent of Schools
- Oak Creek- Franklin Jt. School District, Oak Creek, WI