News in Brief
Chicago Mayor Calls for Ending Race to Top
The Obama administration’s Race to the Top competition drew fire this month from an unexpected source: Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley. The longtime Democratic mayor—who had picked Arne Duncan, now the U.S. secretary of education, to lead his city’s school system—said “we should end it,” when speaking about the $4 billion grant competition. He was apparently unhappy that Illinois was not one of the 12 winners. “That’s all it’s about: bureaucracy,” he said.
Vol. 30, Issue 05, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School
- Aurora University, Aurora, IL
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Park City School District, Park City, UT
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN