News in Brief
Pearson Paying $80 Million to Acquire America's Choice
The agreement, announced last week, still must undergo a federal antitrust review.
The National Center on Education and the Economy, a nonprofit school reform group, launched Americas Choice in 1998 to implement the model, which features standards-based instructional materials, coaching and professional development for teachers, and catch-up programs for struggling students. America's Choice, a for-profit subsidiary of the NCEE, has worked with 2,000 schools in 38 states. Along with the NCEE, it was involved in writing the new common standards in English/language arts and math that have been adopted by 34 states and the District of Columbia.
Vol. 29, Issue 37, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Austin Independent School District, Austin, TX
- City of Cape Coral Charter Schools, Cape Coral, FL
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ