News in Brief
Pearson Paying $80 Million to Acquire America's Choice
The agreement, announced last week, still must undergo a federal antitrust review.
The National Center on Education and the Economy, a nonprofit school reform group, launched Americas Choice in 1998 to implement the model, which features standards-based instructional materials, coaching and professional development for teachers, and catch-up programs for struggling students. America's Choice, a for-profit subsidiary of the NCEE, has worked with 2,000 schools in 38 states. Along with the NCEE, it was involved in writing the new common standards in English/language arts and math that have been adopted by 34 states and the District of Columbia.
Vol. 29, Issue 37, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Current Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- CHIEF ACADEMIC OFFICER ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDANT, OPERATIONS
- Fresno Unified School District, Fresno, CA
- Green Chimneys, Brewster, NY
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Executive Director
- Sturgis Charter Public School, Multiple Locations