News in Brief
Court Blocks School Closings
New York City did not follow state law when it moved to close 19 underperforming public schools, a state appeals court ruled this month. Under a New York law requiring public participation in decisions to close schools, the city was required to file impact statements detailing how each schools closing would affect its community. The Appellate Division agreed with a lower court that education officials failed to comply. The city's teachers union and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People sued.
Vol. 29, Issue 36, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- CHIEF ACADEMIC OFFICER ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDANT, OPERATIONS
- Fresno Unified School District, Fresno, CA
- Highland Falls-Fort Montgomery CSD, Highland Falls, NY
- Current Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Vice President -Curriculum & Instruction
- Discovery Communications, Silver Spring, MD
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA