News in Brief
Race to Top Chief Changes
Joanne Weiss, the director of the Race to the Top Fund for the U.S. Department of Education, will become the chief of staff to Secretary of Education Arne Duncan on July 1. Ms. Weiss, who was the chief operating officer at the New Schools Venture Fund, will replace Margot Rogers, who is leaving the department. A replacement for Ms. Weiss has yet to be named.
Vol. 29, Issue 35, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- District Superintendent
- Department of Defense Education Activity, Seoul, Korea, Democratic People's Republic Of
- Young Scholars Program Director
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Engineering & Robotics Teacher
- String Theory Schools, Philadelphia, PA
- Summer Math Curriculum Development Associate (3): Grades K-2; Grades 3-5; Grades 6-8
- The Partnership for Inner-City Education, New York, NY
- Lower School Principal
- St. Mary's Academy, Englewood, CO