News in Brief
Principals Must Reapply for Jobs in Mo. District's 'Right-Sizing' Plan
Every principal and vice principal will have to reapply if they want to continue as building leaders next fall in a trimmed-down Kansas City, Mo., school district.
The district presented its request to “nonrenew” all principal contracts to the school board last week.
Many principals probably will return, Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources Steve Harris said before the meeting. But with 26 schools closing, fewer will be leading buildings. And some probably will leave because principals are among the educators eligible for retirement who have applied to take the district’s offer of a $20,000 buyout.
The nonrenewals are part of the districts right-sizing plan to put the best leaders in the schools that remain, Superintendent John Covington said after last weeks meeting.
Vol. 29, Issue 29, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- High School Director of School Support and Improvement
- Montgomery County Public Schools, Rockville, MD
- Superintendent, Clarke County Public Schools
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Berryville, VA
- SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS - CANTON, MS
- Canton Public School District, Canton, MS
- TEACHER RECRUITMENT
- Mott Haven Academy Charter School, Bronx, NY
- Lake Forest School District, Felton, DE