News in Brief
Principals Must Reapply for Jobs in Mo. District's 'Right-Sizing' Plan
Every principal and vice principal will have to reapply if they want to continue as building leaders next fall in a trimmed-down Kansas City, Mo., school district.
The district presented its request to “nonrenew” all principal contracts to the school board last week.
Many principals probably will return, Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources Steve Harris said before the meeting. But with 26 schools closing, fewer will be leading buildings. And some probably will leave because principals are among the educators eligible for retirement who have applied to take the district’s offer of a $20,000 buyout.
The nonrenewals are part of the districts right-sizing plan to put the best leaders in the schools that remain, Superintendent John Covington said after last weeks meeting.
Vol. 29, Issue 29, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Big Lake School District, Big Lake, MN, Big Lake, MN
- Talent Recruiter
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Glenwood Springs, CO
- Modern & Classical Languages Department Chair
- New Trier Township High School District 203, Winnetka, IL
- Superintendent of Schools
- Council Rock School District (Pennsylvania), Newtown, PA
- Chief Information Officer and Special Projects Manager
- Randolph Public Schools, MA