News in Brief
Governors' Association Helps States Set Up Early-Childhood Initiatives
The National Governors Association is undertaking an effort with Kansas, Louisiana, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington state to help develop high-quality early childhood education systems.
Those states, selected by the NGA's Center for Best Practices, will be part of an organizational policy academy that will help them shape plans around governance, program quality, professional development, and data systems, according to an NGA press release announcing the initiative last week. The states will work for 10 months to hash out their plans and will have access to a wide range of experts on early-childhood issues.
Vol. 29, Issue 29, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Neuhaus Education Center, Bellaire, TX