News in Brief
Governors' Association Helps States Set Up Early-Childhood Initiatives
The National Governors Association is undertaking an effort with Kansas, Louisiana, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington state to help develop high-quality early childhood education systems.
Those states, selected by the NGA's Center for Best Practices, will be part of an organizational policy academy that will help them shape plans around governance, program quality, professional development, and data systems, according to an NGA press release announcing the initiative last week. The states will work for 10 months to hash out their plans and will have access to a wide range of experts on early-childhood issues.
Vol. 29, Issue 29, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- Director, Adult and Career Education
- The School District of Lee County, Fort Myers, FL
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Jefferson County Public Schools WV, Charles Town, WV
- World History Teacher
- The Bolles School, Jacksonville, FL