News in Brief
Governors' Association Helps States Set Up Early-Childhood Initiatives
The National Governors Association is undertaking an effort with Kansas, Louisiana, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington state to help develop high-quality early childhood education systems.
Those states, selected by the NGA's Center for Best Practices, will be part of an organizational policy academy that will help them shape plans around governance, program quality, professional development, and data systems, according to an NGA press release announcing the initiative last week. The states will work for 10 months to hash out their plans and will have access to a wide range of experts on early-childhood issues.
Vol. 29, Issue 29, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Richland School District One, Columbia, SC
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- Superintendent of Schools
- Fremont County School District #14, Ethete, WY
- Modern & Classical Languages Department Chair
- New Trier Township High School District 203, Winnetka, IL
- Chief Information Officer and Special Projects Manager
- Randolph Public Schools, MA