N.Y.C. School Built Around Unorthodox Use of Time
Superficially, the Brooklyn Generation School, here in the Flatbush area, looks a lot like the other six small public high schools that share space in this tall building, the former South Shore High School.
What’s noticeably different about it, though, is the strength of the relationships among staff members. Teachers can be seen running across the hallways to each other’s rooms. They tease each other good-naturedly in staff meetings. Most importantly, said Principal Terri Grey, the tenor of staff conversations is markedly different.
“They aren’t about something egregious a student did,” Ms. Grey said. “Instead, it’s three teachers standing there, talking about how one of their kids really...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Round Rock ISD, Round Rock, TX
- Chattahoochee Hills Charter School, Multiple Locations
- The Berkeley Institute, HAMILTON, Bermuda
- Charter School Director (Head of School)
- International Preparatory Academy, Detroit, MI
- Amargosa Valley Elementary School, Amargosa Valley, NV