News in Brief
Cash Idea Crashes
Administrators in Goldsboro, N.C., have nixed a cash-for-grades fundraiser at Rosewood Middle School, which was offering 20 test points to students in exchange for a $20 donation. Principal Susie Shepherd had said she approved the idea after a parent advisory council presented it as a way to raise money. Ms. Shepherd rejected the suggestion that extra points on two tests could make a difference in a final grade.
Vol. 29, Issue 12, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Senior Associate
- Great Schools Partnership, Portland, ME
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC
- Darien, CT Superintendent of Schools
- NESDEC, Darien, CT