News in Brief
Miss. Schools Chief Selected
Tom Burnham, who led Mississippi's public school system for five years in the mid-1990s, has been chosen to return to the position. The state board of education announced its decision Nov. 3. Mr. Burnham, 63, will succeed Hank Bounds, who resigned in June to become the state's higher education commissioner. Mr. Burnham is now the dean of the school of education at the University of Mississippi. He will assume his new duties by the end of the year, said Pete Smith, a spokesman for the state department of education.
Vol. 29, Issue 11, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Director of College Counseling
- Augusta Preparatory Day School, Martinez, GA
- Director of Auxiliary Programming
- Lovett School, Atlanta, GA
- Director of Information Technology
- Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School, Rockville, MD
- Qualified KG or Elementary Classroom Teacher
- The International School Of Choueifat Manama, Bahrain, Manama, Bahrain
- Project Manager, First the Seed Foundation Educational Programs
- First the Seed Foundation, VA