News in Brief
Miss. Schools Chief Selected
Tom Burnham, who led Mississippi's public school system for five years in the mid-1990s, has been chosen to return to the position. The state board of education announced its decision Nov. 3. Mr. Burnham, 63, will succeed Hank Bounds, who resigned in June to become the state's higher education commissioner. Mr. Burnham is now the dean of the school of education at the University of Mississippi. He will assume his new duties by the end of the year, said Pete Smith, a spokesman for the state department of education.
Vol. 29, Issue 11, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Engineering & Robotics Teacher
- String Theory Schools, Philadelphia, PA
- Summer Math Curriculum Development Associate (3): Grades K-2; Grades 3-5; Grades 6-8
- The Partnership for Inner-City Education, New York, NY
- District Superintendent
- Department of Defense Education Activity, Seoul, Korea, Democratic People's Republic Of
- Young Scholars Program Director
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Lower School Principal
- St. Mary's Academy, Englewood, CO