News in Brief
Miss. Schools Chief Selected
Tom Burnham, who led Mississippi's public school system for five years in the mid-1990s, has been chosen to return to the position. The state board of education announced its decision Nov. 3. Mr. Burnham, 63, will succeed Hank Bounds, who resigned in June to become the state's higher education commissioner. Mr. Burnham is now the dean of the school of education at the University of Mississippi. He will assume his new duties by the end of the year, said Pete Smith, a spokesman for the state department of education.
Vol. 29, Issue 11, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC
- Darien, CT Superintendent of Schools
- NESDEC, Darien, CT
- Senior Associate
- Great Schools Partnership, Portland, ME
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN