News in Brief
Miss. Schools Chief Selected
Tom Burnham, who led Mississippi's public school system for five years in the mid-1990s, has been chosen to return to the position. The state board of education announced its decision Nov. 3. Mr. Burnham, 63, will succeed Hank Bounds, who resigned in June to become the state's higher education commissioner. Mr. Burnham is now the dean of the school of education at the University of Mississippi. He will assume his new duties by the end of the year, said Pete Smith, a spokesman for the state department of education.
Vol. 29, Issue 11, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- Park City School District, Park City, UT
- Director of John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School
- Aurora University, Aurora, IL