News in Brief
Kentucky Education Secretary Announces Her Resignation
Kentucky Secretary of Education Helen Mountjoy has announced her resignation, citing a long commute and a desire to spend more time with her family.
Gov. Steve Beshear said in a statement last week that the resignation is effective Nov. 30. Ms. Mountjoy will continue to serve on the governor’s Transforming Education in Kentucky task force.
Mr. Beshear appointed Ms. Mountjoy as secretary in 2007. She previously served on the Greater Owensboro Economic Development Corporation, the Prichard Committee for Academic Excellence, and the Kentucky board of education.
Vol. 29, Issue 10, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Neuhaus Education Center, Bellaire, TX
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO