News in Brief
Kentucky Education Secretary Announces Her Resignation
Kentucky Secretary of Education Helen Mountjoy has announced her resignation, citing a long commute and a desire to spend more time with her family.
Gov. Steve Beshear said in a statement last week that the resignation is effective Nov. 30. Ms. Mountjoy will continue to serve on the governor’s Transforming Education in Kentucky task force.
Mr. Beshear appointed Ms. Mountjoy as secretary in 2007. She previously served on the Greater Owensboro Economic Development Corporation, the Prichard Committee for Academic Excellence, and the Kentucky board of education.
Vol. 29, Issue 10, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Director II-Sudent Support Services
- Deer Valley Unified School District, Phoenix, AZ
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX