News in Brief
Kentucky Education Secretary Announces Her Resignation
Kentucky Secretary of Education Helen Mountjoy has announced her resignation, citing a long commute and a desire to spend more time with her family.
Gov. Steve Beshear said in a statement last week that the resignation is effective Nov. 30. Ms. Mountjoy will continue to serve on the governor’s Transforming Education in Kentucky task force.
Mr. Beshear appointed Ms. Mountjoy as secretary in 2007. She previously served on the Greater Owensboro Economic Development Corporation, the Prichard Committee for Academic Excellence, and the Kentucky board of education.
Vol. 29, Issue 10, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Summer Math Curriculum Development Associate (3): Grades K-2; Grades 3-5; Grades 6-8
- The Partnership for Inner-City Education, New York, NY
- Young Scholars Program Director
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- District Superintendent
- Department of Defense Education Activity, Seoul, Korea, Democratic People's Republic Of
- Herricks School District, New Hyde Park, NY
- Engineering & Robotics Teacher
- String Theory Schools, Philadelphia, PA