News in Brief
KIPP Benefactor Dies
Donald G. Fisher, the co-founder of the Gap clothing chain and a major benefactor of the Knowledge Is Power Program network of schools, died at his home in San Francisco on Sept. 27.
He was 81 and had cancer.
Since 2000, Mr. Fisher and his wife, Doris, had given some $200 million to education and other youth-related causes, half of which supported the growth of the KIPP network and Teach For America, the nonprofit group that recruits teachers for hard-to-staff schools.
Vol. 29, Issue 06, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Executive Director
- Charter School NYC, New York, NY
- Head of School
- Brownell-Talbot School, Omaha, NE
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN