News in Brief
KIPP Benefactor Dies
Donald G. Fisher, the co-founder of the Gap clothing chain and a major benefactor of the Knowledge Is Power Program network of schools, died at his home in San Francisco on Sept. 27.
He was 81 and had cancer.
Since 2000, Mr. Fisher and his wife, Doris, had given some $200 million to education and other youth-related causes, half of which supported the growth of the KIPP network and Teach For America, the nonprofit group that recruits teachers for hard-to-staff schools.
Vol. 29, Issue 06, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Senior Programs Manager (Customer Loyalty)
- Northwest Evaluation Association, Multiple Locations
- Executive Director of Business Services
- Hacienda La Puente Unified School District, CA
- Director, Professional Development Curriculum Design & Development
- Northwest Evaluation Association, Portland, OR
- Blended High School Principal in NC
- Rocky Mount Prep, Rocky Mount, NC
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations