News in Brief
KIPP Benefactor Dies
Donald G. Fisher, the co-founder of the Gap clothing chain and a major benefactor of the Knowledge Is Power Program network of schools, died at his home in San Francisco on Sept. 27.
He was 81 and had cancer.
Since 2000, Mr. Fisher and his wife, Doris, had given some $200 million to education and other youth-related causes, half of which supported the growth of the KIPP network and Teach For America, the nonprofit group that recruits teachers for hard-to-staff schools.
Vol. 29, Issue 06, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Summer Math Curriculum Development Associate (3): Grades K-2; Grades 3-5; Grades 6-8
- The Partnership for Inner-City Education, New York, NY
- Herricks School District, New Hyde Park, NY
- Engineering & Robotics Teacher
- String Theory Schools, Philadelphia, PA
- District Superintendent
- Department of Defense Education Activity, Seoul, Korea, Democratic People's Republic Of
- Lower School Principal
- St. Mary's Academy, Englewood, CO