America's Early-Childhood Literacy Gap
Early-literacy instruction can boost low-income children’s rate of school success. Yet, while many Americans are aware of the importance of pre-reading skills, they have much less understanding that children who fall behind in early-literacy skills often do not catch up to their peers in elementary school, according to a report and polling data ...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Chief Schools Officer - International Baccalaureate (IB)
- International Baccalaureate, Bethesda, MD
- Upper School Principal
- Gulliver Schools, Pinecrest, FL
- Randolph, MA Superintendent
- NESDEC, Randolph, MA
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO