News in Brief
N.J. District Leader With Degree From Unaccredited School Resigns
A New Jersey superintendent who received a doctoral degree from an unaccredited school is resigning.
H. James Wasser offered no reason why he’ll leave the Freehold Regional High School District at the end of the current school year. Mr. Wasser will serve as an “administrator for special projects” until June 2011.
Mr. Wasser last year apologized and gave up a $2,500 raise after it was learned he and two other administrators had received degrees from Breyer State University, which has been dubbed a diploma mill. School board members say Mr. Wasser improved education for disadvantaged students and those with special needs.
Vol. 29, Issue 04, Pages 4-5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Scale Your Impact. Lead a Portfolio of Cleveland Schools. Apply today!
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Cleveland, OH
- Superintendent, South San Francisco Unified School District
- South San Francisco Unified School District, South San Francisco, CA
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Superintendent, City Schools of Decatur
- City Schools of Decatur, Decatur, GA