Elementary School Math
Odyssey Math, a Web-based math curriculum and assessment tool, has been found to have potentially positive effects on mathematics achievement, a review by the federal What Works Clearinghouse says.
The pool of evidence used for judging the program was relatively small: No studies of Odyssey Math met the clearinghouse’s high evidence standards, and just one study met its evidence standards with reservations.
That study focused on 207 5th grade students from one school district in Pennsylvania where the program was used as a supplemental curriculum. Odyssey Math is published by CompassLearning Inc., of Austin, Texas. The clearinghouse vets the research track records of education programs and interventions.
Vol. 29, Issue 02, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Senior Director, Professional Development Product Management
- The College Board, New York, NY
- Superintendent, Somerville Public Schools
- Somerville Public Schools, Somerville, MA
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- Research Fellow - Education
- PPIC, San Francisco, CA