Elementary School Math
Odyssey Math, a Web-based math curriculum and assessment tool, has been found to have potentially positive effects on mathematics achievement, a review by the federal What Works Clearinghouse says.
The pool of evidence used for judging the program was relatively small: No studies of Odyssey Math met the clearinghouse’s high evidence standards, and just one study met its evidence standards with reservations.
That study focused on 207 5th grade students from one school district in Pennsylvania where the program was used as a supplemental curriculum. Odyssey Math is published by CompassLearning Inc., of Austin, Texas. The clearinghouse vets the research track records of education programs and interventions.
Vol. 29, Issue 02, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Chief Academic Officer
- Cristo Rey Network, Chicago, IL
- Director of Auxiliary Programming
- Lovett School, Atlanta, GA
- Director of Technology
- St. Paul's School for Girls, Brooklandville, MD
- Director of Information Technology
- Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School, Rockville, MD
- Head of School
- Augusta Preparatory Day School, Martinez, GA