Elementary School Math
Odyssey Math, a Web-based math curriculum and assessment tool, has been found to have potentially positive effects on mathematics achievement, a review by the federal What Works Clearinghouse says.
The pool of evidence used for judging the program was relatively small: No studies of Odyssey Math met the clearinghouse’s high evidence standards, and just one study met its evidence standards with reservations.
That study focused on 207 5th grade students from one school district in Pennsylvania where the program was used as a supplemental curriculum. Odyssey Math is published by CompassLearning Inc., of Austin, Texas. The clearinghouse vets the research track records of education programs and interventions.
Vol. 29, Issue 02, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- K-12 NEA Science Teachers Wanted for NGSS Curriculum Project. Earn $15k!
- BetterLesson, US
- Assistant Professor of Education: Educational Leadership/Teacher Leadership
- Maryville University, MO
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, MA
- Principal Highland Park High School
- Township High School District #113, IL