News in Brief
First New School Building Opens in New Orleans Since Hurricane
The first new public school building to go up in New Orleans since Hurricane Katrina struck four years ago was dedicated last week.
The Langston Hughes Academy, a K-6 charter school that opened two years ago, is occupying that building.
Four more new schools are slated to open in the city in the next year, in the first phase of a rebuilding campaign that is being paid for, in large measure, by federal recovery dollars. Louisiana officials, especially state schools chief Paul Pastorek, who is under fire from several education groups, fought fiercely for the money.
Vol. 29, Issue 02, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Career and Technical Education Director
- Patterson Joint Unified School District, Patterson, CA
- Director of John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School
- Aurora University, Aurora, IL
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Park City School District, Park City, UT