News in Brief
First New School Building Opens in New Orleans Since Hurricane
The first new public school building to go up in New Orleans since Hurricane Katrina struck four years ago was dedicated last week.
The Langston Hughes Academy, a K-6 charter school that opened two years ago, is occupying that building.
Four more new schools are slated to open in the city in the next year, in the first phase of a rebuilding campaign that is being paid for, in large measure, by federal recovery dollars. Louisiana officials, especially state schools chief Paul Pastorek, who is under fire from several education groups, fought fiercely for the money.
Vol. 29, Issue 02, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Jefferson County Public Schools WV, Charles Town, WV
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- World History Teacher
- The Bolles School, Jacksonville, FL
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- High School Principal
- Unionvile-Chadds Ford School District, Kennett Square, PA