News in Brief
San Francisco to Keep JROTC, Ending Three-Year Dispute
A three-year battle over the Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps in San Francisco public schools appears to be over.
The program had been scheduled to be phased out this month after school officials voted in 2006 to end the training.
But by a 4-3 vote on June 9, the board agreed to restore the JROTC program to its original condition by allowing it to satisfy physical education requirements. The move is expected to increase enrollment in JROTC, while allowing the 55,000-student school district to justify the cost.
Vol. 28, Issue 35, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL
- School Based Therapist
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, WA
- Principal - Secondary (Pool)
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Golden, CO
- Southeast Polk Community School District, Pleasant Hill, IA