News in Brief
San Francisco to Keep JROTC, Ending Three-Year Dispute
A three-year battle over the Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps in San Francisco public schools appears to be over.
The program had been scheduled to be phased out this month after school officials voted in 2006 to end the training.
But by a 4-3 vote on June 9, the board agreed to restore the JROTC program to its original condition by allowing it to satisfy physical education requirements. The move is expected to increase enrollment in JROTC, while allowing the 55,000-student school district to justify the cost.
Vol. 28, Issue 35, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Part-time AP class instructors - remote
- Ascendant Institute, US
- Assistant Principal - Drake High School
- Tamalpais Union High School District, San Anselmo, CA
- The New School Montessori, Cincinnati, OH
- Cristo Rey Jesuit College Preparatory School of Houston, Houston, TX
- Tredyffrin/Easttown School District, Wayne, PA