News in Brief
Baltimore School Board Chair Takes Deputy's Job in District
The chairman of Baltimore’s school board has resigned—to take a job as a top deputy to the district’s chief executive officer.
Brian Morris was hired June 9 as deputy chief executive officer for operations. He will report directly to CEO Andres Alonso, whose hiring he pushed for as board chairman.
Mr. Morris says his job will be to make sure that the systems of the 82,500-student district work more smoothly. The position of deputy CEO does not exist under the school district’s current administrative structure.
Mr. Morris is a real estate developer who has no professional background in education. His six-year tenure on the board of school commissioners was set to end July 1.
Vol. 28, Issue 35, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN