"Recursive Processes in Self-Affirmation: Intervening to Close the Minority Achievement Gap."
African-American middle school students narrowed the achievement gap, relative to their white peers, after they were asked to produce written essays in which they reflected on their personal values, according to a new study .
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Senior Curriculum Developer and Trainer
- Institute For Curriculum Services, San Francisco, CA
- English Teacher
- MVCSD, Mount Vernon, NY
- Immediate Teaching Positions Available at New Visions! Apply Now!
- New Visions for Public Schools, NY
- Assistant Professor of Educational Administration
- Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, MS
- Executive Director
- Doctors Charter School, Miami Shores, FL