News in Brief
Texas Suit Dismissed
A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit filed by Chris Comer, a former employee of the Texas Education Agency, who resigned from her job in 2007 after she forwarded an e-mail to her colleagues advising them of a public appearance by a critic of creationism and intelligent design. Ms. Cowan quit her job after she said that agency officials threatened to fire her for the e-mail, warning her that her electronic message had violated the agency’s policy of impartiality on such issues. She then sued the agency.
Vol. 28, Issue 29, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- Director, Professional Development Curriculum Design & Development
- Northwest Evaluation Association, Portland, OR
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- Deputy Superintendent
- Blue Valley Schools, Overland Park, KS