News in Brief
S.C. School District to Appeal Ruling on Method of Electing Board
A South Carolina school district says it will appeal a federal judge's ruling that its method of electing school board members discriminates against blacks.
The Lexington District 3 school board voted Feb. 23 to ask the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals to reconsider a ruling made earlier this month. The court ruled that the district’s system of putting all candidates on the ballot at one time, with the top vote-getters gaining the open seats, violates federal discrimination law.
Vol. 28, Issue 23, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL