News in Brief
S.C. School District to Appeal Ruling on Method of Electing Board
A South Carolina school district says it will appeal a federal judge's ruling that its method of electing school board members discriminates against blacks.
The Lexington District 3 school board voted Feb. 23 to ask the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals to reconsider a ruling made earlier this month. The court ruled that the district’s system of putting all candidates on the ballot at one time, with the top vote-getters gaining the open seats, violates federal discrimination law.
Vol. 28, Issue 23, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent of Schools
- White Plains Public Schools, White Plains, NY
- Head of School
- Triangle Associates, Pottersville, NJ
- Katonah-Lewisboro School District, Katonah, NY
- Current Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Township High School District 113, Highland Park, IL