News in Brief
S.C. School District to Appeal Ruling on Method of Electing Board
A South Carolina school district says it will appeal a federal judge's ruling that its method of electing school board members discriminates against blacks.
The Lexington District 3 school board voted Feb. 23 to ask the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals to reconsider a ruling made earlier this month. The court ruled that the district’s system of putting all candidates on the ballot at one time, with the top vote-getters gaining the open seats, violates federal discrimination law.
Vol. 28, Issue 23, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Tredyffrin/Easttown School District, Wayne, PA
- Part-time AP class instructors - remote
- Ascendant Institute, US
- Cristo Rey Jesuit College Preparatory School of Houston, Houston, TX
- Senior Research and Policy Associate
- Stanford Center for Opportunity Policy in Education (SCOPE), Stanford, CA
- The New School Montessori, Cincinnati, OH