News in Brief
Broad Foundation Posts Data From 100 Largest Districts Online
The Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation has made its trove of data on the nation’s 100 largest public school districts more user-friendly and posted it online as a comparative tool.
The Los Angeles-based foundation uses the data to analyze the performance of school districts in order to award its prize in urban education each year. An expanded version that enables users to better compare districts is now available at their Web site.
Available data include districts’ demographic profiles, their performance trends in reading and mathematics, a calculation of how they outperform or underperform relative to their states’ averages, three different graduation rate calculations, their SAT or ACT exam passing rates, and Advanced Placement participation and passing rates.
Vol. 28, Issue 20, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Senior Associate
- Great Schools Partnership, Portland, ME
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Executive Director
- Charter School NYC, New York, NY
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC