News in Brief
Vermont Chief Picked
The superintendent of the Franklin West Supervisory Union has been named Vermont’s new education commissioner. The state board of education chose Armando Vilaseca, 51, to replace Richard Cate, who left his $119,000-a-year position last June to take a job at the University of Vermont. The vote was 6 to 2. Mr. Vilaseca, who has spent 29 years in Vermont schools as a teacher, principal, and superintendent, takes over Jan. 19.
Vol. 28, Issue 14, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Senior Associate
- Great Schools Partnership, Portland, ME
- Dean Reich College of Education
- Appalachian State University, Boone, NC
- Executive Director
- Charter School NYC, New York, NY
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Dunlap Community Unit School Dist. No. 323, Peoria, IL