News in Brief
Vermont Chief Picked
The superintendent of the Franklin West Supervisory Union has been named Vermont’s new education commissioner. The state board of education chose Armando Vilaseca, 51, to replace Richard Cate, who left his $119,000-a-year position last June to take a job at the University of Vermont. The vote was 6 to 2. Mr. Vilaseca, who has spent 29 years in Vermont schools as a teacher, principal, and superintendent, takes over Jan. 19.
Vol. 28, Issue 14, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Chief Academic Officer
- The Partnership for Inner-City Education, New York, NY
- Supervisor, Secondary Literacy Instruction
- Montgomery County Public Schools, MD
- Principal Highland Park High School
- Township High School District #113, IL
- Plainfield Director of Special Services
- New England School Development Council, Meriden, NH
- Executive Director for EdReports
- Koya Leadership Partners, Boston, MA