News in Brief
Vermont Chief Picked
The superintendent of the Franklin West Supervisory Union has been named Vermont’s new education commissioner. The state board of education chose Armando Vilaseca, 51, to replace Richard Cate, who left his $119,000-a-year position last June to take a job at the University of Vermont. The vote was 6 to 2. Mr. Vilaseca, who has spent 29 years in Vermont schools as a teacher, principal, and superintendent, takes over Jan. 19.
Vol. 28, Issue 14, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Director of Technology
- St. Paul's School for Girls, Brooklandville, MD
- Qualified KG or Elementary Classroom Teacher
- The International School Of Choueifat Manama, Bahrain, Manama, Bahrain
- Director of Information Technology
- Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School, Rockville, MD
- Project Manager, First the Seed Foundation Educational Programs
- First the Seed Foundation, VA
- Director of Auxiliary Programming
- Lovett School, Atlanta, GA