News in Brief
Vermont Chief Picked
The superintendent of the Franklin West Supervisory Union has been named Vermont’s new education commissioner. The state board of education chose Armando Vilaseca, 51, to replace Richard Cate, who left his $119,000-a-year position last June to take a job at the University of Vermont. The vote was 6 to 2. Mr. Vilaseca, who has spent 29 years in Vermont schools as a teacher, principal, and superintendent, takes over Jan. 19.
Vol. 28, Issue 14, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Secondary Teachers
- Roaring Fork School District, Glenwood Spgs, CO
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- Deputy Superintendent
- Blue Valley Schools, Overland Park, KS