News in Brief
Vermont Chief Picked
The superintendent of the Franklin West Supervisory Union has been named Vermont’s new education commissioner. The state board of education chose Armando Vilaseca, 51, to replace Richard Cate, who left his $119,000-a-year position last June to take a job at the University of Vermont. The vote was 6 to 2. Mr. Vilaseca, who has spent 29 years in Vermont schools as a teacher, principal, and superintendent, takes over Jan. 19.
Vol. 28, Issue 14, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Principal - Secondary (Pool)
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Golden, CO
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR
- School Based Therapist
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, WA
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ