Why Take Advanced Math?
A Washington organization that promotes rigorous academic standards is presenting students, parents, and policymakers with what it hopes are practical reasons why it is important to take advanced math through the publication of a newly released collection of documents and other resources.
It also includes five brochures that attempt to show, specifically, how math skills are used on the job in the aerospace, manufacturing, construction, health-care, and information-technology industries.
One brochure, for instance, explains how new hires at Toyota receive math training in computing, real numbers, models, and linear equations, and describes how those skills are used on the factory floor. New employees who have solid grounding in those areas come in with an advantage, the document says.
Vol. 28, Issue 13, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Secondary Teachers
- Roaring Fork School District, Glenwood Spgs, CO
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- Brevard Public Schools, FL
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY