Why Take Advanced Math?
A Washington organization that promotes rigorous academic standards is presenting students, parents, and policymakers with what it hopes are practical reasons why it is important to take advanced math through the publication of a newly released collection of documents and other resources.
It also includes five brochures that attempt to show, specifically, how math skills are used on the job in the aerospace, manufacturing, construction, health-care, and information-technology industries.
One brochure, for instance, explains how new hires at Toyota receive math training in computing, real numbers, models, and linear equations, and describes how those skills are used on the factory floor. New employees who have solid grounding in those areas come in with an advantage, the document says.
Vol. 28, Issue 13, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Director II-Sudent Support Services
- Deer Valley Unified School District, Phoenix, AZ
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX