News in Brief
Miami Board Approves Contract for New Schools Superintendent
Following months of upheaval in the district, the Miami-Dade County, Fla., school board has approved the contract of its new superintendent amid controversy over a racy batch of e-mails allegedly exchanged with a newspaper reporter who covered the district.
The board voted 6-3 on Oct. 10 in favor of Alberto Carvalho’s $275,000 annual contract. The decision comes after a month of uncertainty since he was first named as a successor to Rudy Crew.
Mr. Carvalho, a former science teacher and associate superintendent, had originally sought a three-year contract. But it was modified to two years.
Vol. 28, Issue 09, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR
- School Based Therapist
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, WA
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Principal - Secondary (Pool)
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Golden, CO
- Southeast Polk Community School District, Pleasant Hill, IA