News in Brief
Miami Board Approves Contract for New Schools Superintendent
Following months of upheaval in the district, the Miami-Dade County, Fla., school board has approved the contract of its new superintendent amid controversy over a racy batch of e-mails allegedly exchanged with a newspaper reporter who covered the district.
The board voted 6-3 on Oct. 10 in favor of Alberto Carvalho’s $275,000 annual contract. The decision comes after a month of uncertainty since he was first named as a successor to Rudy Crew.
Mr. Carvalho, a former science teacher and associate superintendent, had originally sought a three-year contract. But it was modified to two years.
Vol. 28, Issue 09, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Director II-Sudent Support Services
- Deer Valley Unified School District, Phoenix, AZ