News in Brief
Miami Board Approves Contract for New Schools Superintendent
Following months of upheaval in the district, the Miami-Dade County, Fla., school board has approved the contract of its new superintendent amid controversy over a racy batch of e-mails allegedly exchanged with a newspaper reporter who covered the district.
The board voted 6-3 on Oct. 10 in favor of Alberto Carvalho’s $275,000 annual contract. The decision comes after a month of uncertainty since he was first named as a successor to Rudy Crew.
Mr. Carvalho, a former science teacher and associate superintendent, had originally sought a three-year contract. But it was modified to two years.
Vol. 28, Issue 09, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Secondary Teachers
- Roaring Fork School District, Glenwood Spgs, CO
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- Park City School District, Park City, UT
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL