News in Brief
Miami Board Approves Contract for New Schools Superintendent
Following months of upheaval in the district, the Miami-Dade County, Fla., school board has approved the contract of its new superintendent amid controversy over a racy batch of e-mails allegedly exchanged with a newspaper reporter who covered the district.
The board voted 6-3 on Oct. 10 in favor of Alberto Carvalho’s $275,000 annual contract. The decision comes after a month of uncertainty since he was first named as a successor to Rudy Crew.
Mr. Carvalho, a former science teacher and associate superintendent, had originally sought a three-year contract. But it was modified to two years.
Vol. 28, Issue 09, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Current Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- CHIEF ACADEMIC OFFICER ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDANT, OPERATIONS
- Fresno Unified School District, Fresno, CA
- Highland Falls-Fort Montgomery CSD, Highland Falls, NY
- Executive Director
- Sturgis Charter Public School, Multiple Locations