"Digital Quality of Life"
Technology has greatly improved the quality of life in such areas such as education, health care, energy, transportation, and the environment, says a report released by the Information Technology and Innovation Foundation.
The Washington-based, public-policy think tank says in the report that improvements in information technology are improving learning outcomes, helping to match instructional options with students’ different learning styles, and expanding access to educational opportunities.
New developments in educational software have made it possible to tailor instruction to individual students, and online classes have helped a greater number of people participate in courses that may not be available nearby, the report says.
Looking ahead, the report identifies equal access to technology for everyone as a challenge. Others included privacy and security concerns, antisocial behavior, and the disposal of technological waste—such as old computers, laptops, and cellphones.
Vol. 28, Issue 07, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- High School Principal
- Unionvile-Chadds Ford School District, Kennett Square, PA
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Director, Adult and Career Education
- The School District of Lee County, Fort Myers, FL
- Jefferson County Public Schools WV, Charles Town, WV