Deaths: J. Patrick Rooney
J. Patrick Rooney, an Indianapolis insurance executive who started the first privately financed voucher program for poor children, died Sept. 15 at the age of 80. Mr. Rooney was the chairman and chief executive officer of Golden Rule Insurance Co. His Educational Choice Charitable Trust in Indianapolis is still in operation.
Vol. 28, Issue 06, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Healthy Start Academy, Durham, NC
- Neuhaus Education Center, Bellaire, TX
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA