Deaths: J. Patrick Rooney
J. Patrick Rooney, an Indianapolis insurance executive who started the first privately financed voucher program for poor children, died Sept. 15 at the age of 80. Mr. Rooney was the chairman and chief executive officer of Golden Rule Insurance Co. His Educational Choice Charitable Trust in Indianapolis is still in operation.
Vol. 28, Issue 06, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- Director II-Sudent Support Services
- Deer Valley Unified School District, Phoenix, AZ
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations