Deaths: J. Patrick Rooney
J. Patrick Rooney, an Indianapolis insurance executive who started the first privately financed voucher program for poor children, died Sept. 15 at the age of 80. Mr. Rooney was the chairman and chief executive officer of Golden Rule Insurance Co. His Educational Choice Charitable Trust in Indianapolis is still in operation.
Vol. 28, Issue 06, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Chief Information Officer and Special Projects Manager
- Randolph Public Schools, MA
- Modern & Classical Languages Department Chair
- New Trier Township High School District 203, Winnetka, IL
- Dean of Students
- Diman Regional Vocational-Technical High School, Fall River, MA
- Richland School District One, Columbia, SC
- Superintendent of Schools
- Fremont County School District #14, Ethete, WY