Deaths: J. Patrick Rooney
J. Patrick Rooney, an Indianapolis insurance executive who started the first privately financed voucher program for poor children, died Sept. 15 at the age of 80. Mr. Rooney was the chairman and chief executive officer of Golden Rule Insurance Co. His Educational Choice Charitable Trust in Indianapolis is still in operation.
Vol. 28, Issue 06, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Senior Associate
- Great Schools Partnership, Portland, ME
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Executive Director
- Charter School NYC, New York, NY
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC
- Darien, CT Superintendent of Schools
- NESDEC, Darien, CT