Science in Plain English
"Teaching Science as a Language: A 'Content-First' Approach to Science Teaching"
Students introduced to science concepts in everyday English before having them explained in more complex scientific language fare better on tests than students who are given more science-heavy terminology upfront, a study ...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Roaring Fork School District, Carbondale, CO
- Amargosa Valley Elementary School, Amargosa Valley, NV
- Charter School Director (Head of School)
- International Preparatory Academy, Detroit, MI
- Chattahoochee Hills Charter School, Multiple Locations
- Round Rock ISD, Round Rock, TX