News in Brief
GE Funds Math, Science in N.Y.C.:
The foundation for the General Electric Co. is providing a $5 million grant to improve science, technology, engineering, and mathematics instruction in 10 public schools in New York City’s Harlem neighborhood. Teachers College, Columbia University, will oversee the program and work cooperatively with Columbia’s Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science and the Morningside Area Alliance, an organization that supports education and other services in upper Manhattan. The venture will focus on teacher professional development in math- and science-related topics, and helping educators align curriculum with state and national standards, among other areas.
Vol. 27, Issue 43, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Principal K3-8
- Summerville Catholic School, Summerville, SC
- Enrollment Ombudsman
- Hempstead Union Free School District, Long Island, NY
- ISS iFair
- International Schools Services, US
- Middle School Math Teacher
- The International Educator, Major Cities Worldwide
- Allegheny Valley School District, PA