News in Brief
GE Funds Math, Science in N.Y.C.:
The foundation for the General Electric Co. is providing a $5 million grant to improve science, technology, engineering, and mathematics instruction in 10 public schools in New York City’s Harlem neighborhood. Teachers College, Columbia University, will oversee the program and work cooperatively with Columbia’s Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science and the Morningside Area Alliance, an organization that supports education and other services in upper Manhattan. The venture will focus on teacher professional development in math- and science-related topics, and helping educators align curriculum with state and national standards, among other areas.
Vol. 27, Issue 43, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Ridgefield Public Schools, Ridgefield, CT
- Upper School (6th-12th grade) General Studies Principal
- Robert M. Beren Academy, Houston, TX
- Lake Forest School District, Felton, DE
- Principal, Niwot High School
- St. Vrain Valley School District, CO
- Co-Principal Vacancy
- Newport City Elementary School, Newport, VT