News in Brief
GE Funds Math, Science in N.Y.C.:
The foundation for the General Electric Co. is providing a $5 million grant to improve science, technology, engineering, and mathematics instruction in 10 public schools in New York City’s Harlem neighborhood. Teachers College, Columbia University, will oversee the program and work cooperatively with Columbia’s Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science and the Morningside Area Alliance, an organization that supports education and other services in upper Manhattan. The venture will focus on teacher professional development in math- and science-related topics, and helping educators align curriculum with state and national standards, among other areas.
Vol. 27, Issue 43, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Southeast Polk Community School District, Pleasant Hill, IA
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR
- School Based Therapist
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, WA
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ