Utah Board’s Incumbents Left Outside, Looking In
For members of the Utah state board of education, running for re-election isn’t as simple as tossing your hat into the ring again.
If that were the case, three incumbents would be on the ballot in November—and not headed for retirement. At least one of those incumbents says the situation could be due to fallout from last fall’s heated referendum that overturned a state voucher law.
Utah has an unusual elected-appointed hybrid method of selecting its 15...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Executive Director
- Doctors Charter School, Miami Shores, FL
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Assistant Professor of Educational Administration
- Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, MS
- English Teacher
- MVCSD, Mount Vernon, NY
- Superintendent of Schools - SAU 9
- SAU 9 - Conway, NH, Conway, NH