News in Brief
Green Dot Picks Site in N.Y.C. for Its First Charter Outside L.A.
The Los Angeles-based Green Dot Public Schools and the United Federation of Teachers have selected a site in the South Bronx where they will open a new charter high school in New York City next fall.
The school, which will be Green Dot’s first charter school outside Los Angeles, where it operates 12 high schools, will share space with a middle school that serves 900 students. It will open with about 120 freshmen and will add a grade each year.
The partnership between the New York City teachers’ union and the charter school management organization is considered unique. All of Green Dot’s teachers are unionized, though in California, its collective bargaining agreements are separate from the contracts of the United Teachers Los Angeles.
Vol. 27, Issue 33, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Head of School/President
- Saint Gertrude High School, Richmond, VA
- Superintendent, Somerville Public Schools
- Somerville Public Schools, Somerville, MA
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA