News in Brief
Green Dot Picks Site in N.Y.C. for Its First Charter Outside L.A.
The Los Angeles-based Green Dot Public Schools and the United Federation of Teachers have selected a site in the South Bronx where they will open a new charter high school in New York City next fall.
The school, which will be Green Dot’s first charter school outside Los Angeles, where it operates 12 high schools, will share space with a middle school that serves 900 students. It will open with about 120 freshmen and will add a grade each year.
The partnership between the New York City teachers’ union and the charter school management organization is considered unique. All of Green Dot’s teachers are unionized, though in California, its collective bargaining agreements are separate from the contracts of the United Teachers Los Angeles.
Vol. 27, Issue 33, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Assistant Professor of Education: Educational Leadership/Teacher Leadership
- Maryville University, MO
- K-12 NEA Science Teachers Wanted for NGSS Curriculum Project. Earn $15k!
- BetterLesson, US
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, MA
- Principal Highland Park High School
- Township High School District #113, IL
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations